Amelia Boone, a corporate attorney at global powerhouse Apple by day and obstacle course racing machine by night lets nothing hold her back. Three-time winner of the grueling, 24-hour World’s Toughest Mudder challenge, sponsored athlete, and sport commentator shares why she embraces fear like a close friend in this tell-all episode of Impact Theory with Tom Bilyeu.
- Amelia talks about what she learned from being at rock bottom. [2:28]
- Amelia describes how she leveraged fear to embrace opportunities. [5:43]
- Amelia explains how she uses fear as a guiding light. [8:00]
- Tom and Amelia discuss compartmentalizing small tasks making friends with pain. [13:02]
- Amelia focuses on cultivating mental toughness and training in undesirable conditions. [15:38]
- Amelia expounds on the game of training and discovering purpose through failure. [22:39]
- Tom and Amelia talk about incorporating meditation and the power of routine. [26:19]
- Amelia elaborates on the never-ending merry-go-round of self-flagellation. [29:18]
- Amelia discusses power to outlast and keeping an underdog mentality. [32:28]
- Tom and Amelia uncover the misconceptions associated with a certain four-letter word. [37:29]
- Amelia reveals how she built confidence by celebrating small wins. [45:23]
- Amelia highlights the importance of shifting from hypersensitivity to normalizing gender biases. [48:19]
- Amelia defines the impact that she wants to have on the world. [52:49]
WOMAN OF THE MONTH: OBY NWAOGBE
The Ladybrille Leader category on Ladybrillemag.com curates, tells and shares the best of the best stories online about inspiring and successful leaders. Enjoy!
Founded in 2007, Ladybrille® Magazine is a California based pioneer digital publication celebrating the brilliant woman in business and leadership, with an emphasis on the African woman in the diaspora and the continent. The magazine has its foundation in fashion and provides extensive coverage on African fashion inspired news stories.