For our Ladybrille Nigeria readers, the ELOY Awards 2017 is now open for nominations.
In the 9th year, it’s time to welcome a new host of brilliantly skilled women. Whatever field you are in or however you have shaped your career, the ELOY Awards 2017 team wants to hear from you. They are looking for nominations across a range of categories to be scrutinized by their judges.
- Nominations for the ELOY Awards end on the 30th of September.
- Nominations for the Ladies Who Inspire category end on the 2nd of November.
The aim as always is to be to continue to inspire, motivate and empower women, celebrate their successes and show that it can be done. The distinguished judges are carefully selected and they embody ladies who are doing exceptionally well in their chosen fields and are great examples of strong women doing great things. The ELOY team want other women to be inspired by these women and strive to be the best they can be.
This year, the ELOY Awards theme is “THE YEAR OF INSPIRATION”.
Criteria for Nominee
The criteria for the ELOY Award focus on the character of the individual, her ability, and achievements and how her work impacts the Nigerian society.
Must have proven record of:
1. Direct leadership: responsible for duties of others in a business environment. The leadership ability to affect human behavior and accomplish a mission. Must be capable of influencing people to achieve set goals.
2. Indirect leadership: she has earned respect of others due to the past or current achievements
3. Service: has helped a colleague, associates to grow, develop and achieve goals and given assistance to the community.
4. Commitment: shows a level of dedication to her goals and ability to achieve them
5. Achievement: shows evidence of growth in her business or profession.
6. Integrity: must act according to values, beliefs, and principles that shape the future for the better. Actions of integrity.
7. Character: meeting her responsibilities and being a good Nigerian.
Send nominations to firstname.lastname@example.org or nominate online at www.eloyawards.com include your contact details and reasons for nominations: In your own words, please describe in detail your nominee’s specific accomplishment with a focus on impact, the potential for growth and the ability to inspire.
WOMAN OF THE MONTH: OBY NWAOGBE
Founded in 2007, Ladybrille® Magazine is a California based pioneer digital publication celebrating the brilliant woman in business and leadership, with an emphasis on the African woman in the diaspora and the continent. The magazine has its foundation in fashion and provides extensive coverage on African fashion inspired news stories.