Before LEWIS HOWES became a media sensation for empowering people and sharing ‘Greatness’ across the globe, he had his share of obstacles to overcome. From having a learning disability, which led to being alone and bullied in school, to being sexually abused as a child, to being injured and broke on his sister’s couch, Lewis’s story is the perfect example of how anybody can overcome the obstacles in their life and achieve greatness. Fast forward a few short years, and Lewis is a New York Times Bestselling author of the hit book, The School of Greatness and author of his latest book, The Mask of Masculinity. He is a lifestyle entrepreneur, high-performance business coach and keynote speaker. A former professional football player and two-sport All-American, he is a current USA Men’s National Handball Team athlete. He hosts a top 100 podcast in the world, The School of Greatness, which has over 40 million downloads since it launched in 2013. He was recognized by The White House and President Obama as one of the top 100 entrepreneurs in the country under 30. Lewis has been featured on Ellen, The New York Times, People, Forbes, Inc, Fast Company, ESPN, Sports Illustrated, Men’s Health, The Today Show and other major media outlets.
On this episode you will learn:
- What the most important relationship is in your life.
- Why unwarranted aggression is often a sign of a deeper problem.
- How vulnerability can open the door for real strength.
- Why you can still feel unhappy after accomplishing your biggest goals.
- How sharing your hardships and dark secrets can make people connect with you even more.
- The shocking rates that men commit homicide and suicide compared to women.
- How having an “8 Mile moment” can free you from worry about what other people think of you.
- What women can do to help the men in their life open up, connect, and have better relationships.
- What the “Stoic Mask” is and how it affects our lives.
- How our thoughts can lead to devastating illnesses.
- Why the masks we wear can actually be very helpful in our lives.
- Why we tend to identify great athletes as great men (even when that might not be the case).
- How focusing on material things can be inspiring (and how it can backfire).
- How many of our masks are fitted onto us as kids.
- Why giving and receiving affection can be tough for many people.
- How acknowledgment drives many of our decisions.
- The powerful acknowledgment exercise, you can do RIGHT NOW to change lives.
WOMAN OF THE MONTH: OBY NWAOGBE
The Ladybrille Wellness category on Ladybrillemag.com shares the best web content including content from our community to help inspire and elevate mind, body, and soul. Enjoy.
Founded in 2007, Ladybrille® Magazine is a California based pioneer digital publication celebrating the brilliant woman in business and leadership, with an emphasis on the African woman in the diaspora and the continent. The magazine has its foundation in fashion and provides extensive coverage on African fashion inspired news stories.